Sales Management Institute values impactful education and lifelong learning. Therefore, we highly regard the Authorized Sales Trainer (SMI-AST®) certification journey as a platform for SMI-AST®s to maximize the global impact of Sales education and certification.
Sales Management Institute’s AST®s are more than just Sales trainers; they are integral national and international ambassadors of the Sales and Sales Management Institute. They turn to learn from “informational to transformational” and actively contribute to a passionate community of change agents worldwide. Each SMI-AST® brings a unique viewpoint and story, causing a ripple effect of Sales education and growth across the globe.
Sales Management Institute’s AST® journey challenges professionals with deep, practical, real-world Sales knowledge and demonstrated excellence in training and facilitation. Authorized Sales Trainers (AST®s) are vital to the Sales Management Institute, delivering inspirational, foundational, and advanced Sales certifications to agile learners in over 100 countries. Stringent certification requirements are imposed on SMI-AST®s to ensure that only those fully qualified to meet this commitment are entrusted to engage in this role on behalf of the Sales Management Institute, Inc.
We are so excited that you have embarked on this incredible and rigorous sales journey!
The SMI-AST® application process is a two-part journey that consists of the following:
- Completion of the following certification exam:
- Sales Foundation Professionals (SFP)®
- Certified Lead Generation Specialist (CLGS)®
- Certified Sales Management Professional (CSMP)®
- Sales Master Certified Professional (SMCP)®
- Apply for the SMI-Authorized Sales Trainer (AST)® Exam.
- Have achieved a minimum 75% score on the Authorized Sales Trainer Exam.
- If you possess the qualifications we are looking for and want to join an amazing community of fellow sales trainers, we want to get to know you! Our application process allows you to tell us about your experience and motivations for becoming an Authorized Sales Trainer (AST) under Sales Management Institute, Inc. Please include on your application some challenges your teams have faced and how you have responded to these challenges, as their Sales Coach Applications will be reviewed, and follow-up conversations will be scheduled to determine the next steps.
- You need to send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the credentials you have earned, including your detailed profile.
Process and Timelines
- It takes approximately five working days to review the application and make a decision.
- If the decision is made in favor of the candidate, a digital badge will be issued.
Join the SMI-AST® Global Community.
- Once an application is approved, join the global sales trainer community. We plan to meet face-to-face once a month.
We encourage AST®s to continue their professional development as both Sales practitioners and overall trainers by fulfilling Guides renewal requirements every year. ASTs will be required to submit Sales Education Units® (SalesEUs®) in the following categories:
- Sales Professional Knowledge
- Professional Development and Presentation Skills
- Community Engagement and Sales Management
In addition, sales trainers are required to train at least 50 sales professionals in a year.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com